Sunday, May 2, 2010

A School Year Gone By!

Hi!

I am sitting here at my desk looking at the date on the calendar. May 2nd! Where has this school year gone.

9 months ago we had just graduated Hannah from our Home School and now this week I am making the trek out to LaGrange to drive home with her. WOW I am speechless!

Many people have asked me over and over how I have adjusted to our empty nest. As I have thought back about this last nine months I am thankful how the Lord has been working in my life, and though I miss the kids the Lord has entrusted me to, I know they are His first. They were entrusted to me some for 18 years and some for a short time.

I would have never thought last May as we were getting ready for Steven to arrive that in a few short months the Lord would change some of the direction of our lives.

These are a few things that I have learned and enjoyed.

1. Jon taking on the Assistant District Representative work has given us another focus. We love serving our church here in Red Cloud as they are our family, but we also love the missionaries the Lord entrusted us with as they are family too. A month hasn't gone by where we haven't been on the road, or on the phone visiting with these dear servants of God. What a joy to rejoice in seeing people come to know our Lord and to pray with those with hurting people within their own families and church. Jon and I don't know what the future holds but we will look back at this time of our lives with very fond memories.

2. The Esther Women's Bible Study was such a blessing and growing time for me. The concept that I learned is that the Lord already has my destiny set out before me. I can hinder his work by wanting my way or I can jump on board and go for the ride of my life. What a ride it has been and I anticipate it will be as I was chosen to live for such a time as this.

3. Quilting has become a passion of mine. I have loved taking some classes and making a few items that I have given away. As always the Lord has provided a creative outlet for me and I have some friends and family who enjoy this pass time too.

4. Life just isn't what I think it should be at times, but God is still faithful. I have been growing through this in a real lived out way this past nine months. Relationships that I would like to be restored are still at loose ends. People I would like to see saved, still don't know my Jesus, People with illnesses and injuries that I am praying for healing still aren't healed... My list could go on and on, but through it all I can see the Lords faithfulness. He has challenged me greatly that He is enough period and that even though I would like things to be different, he has a plan and loves me and those that I love.

5. Being an Empty Nester isn't all that bad! I love "my kids", but I have loved getting to know my dear hubby in our middle years better. Jon is truly a servant and he has showed me his love so much through serving me. After years of serving others, he saw this need in my life and has jumped in to help out wherever I need help! I have loved our time of quietness, after many years of a loud and hectic house and schedule. I just love being with him!

So as I drive out to pick up Hannah for this summer I am thankful what the Lord has put in my life. I am so looking forward to getting to know my daughter as a friend this summer. And I am thankful that my Lord is faithful. He will never change!

Blessings,

Deb

No comments: