Thursday, February 19, 2009

There is no place like Home...

I don't usually post on my blog except on Sunday night or Monday morning but today has been an especially great day in my book.

1. The Lord allowed me to get up this morning without having the headache I have
had since Monday. I still have a running nose and my voice is very good, but I was able to
spend time with him uninterrupted!

2. I was able to go to Hastings and be a part of the MOPS child care team.
I so enjoy each one of those little people who come each time!

3. I was able to have lunch with a friend at her parents house. I don't usually have the time or
get invited to do something like this, so it was fun to just be a girl friend over lunch and not a
pastor or ministry wife. I was just Debbie.

4. I got to spend the day with Hannah as we talked and listened to her music as we drove to
Hastings. I realize these days are shortly coming to an end so I am cherishing each time
we get to do something like this together.

5. We were able to spend some family time tonight watching one of Hannah's favorite DVDs.
We are cherishing these times as they have been fewer and fewer the past two
months as we have had so much on our plate in the ministry here in Red Cloud.

6. All of our spiritual kids called or emailed home today. It seems like this is often the case when
one of them calls or emails they all end up doing it on the same day. I have to say I just love
how the Lord works that out. I cherish these moments and I also want to be available and be
an encouragement in each of their lives. Thanks Esther, DeeDy and Steven!

7. Now it is time to end the day! Tomorrow is our day off and we are looking forward to just
spending it as a couple. Hannah starts back to work tomorrow after being off for over a
month. The cafe she works at closed for about five weeks to do some repairs and remodeling.
Now it is time for her to be back at work to earn that precious $ to help pay her college tuition
bill next year!

All this to say that I am so happy that I have chosen to be a follower of Jesus, a wife, mother, friend, servant, encourager, mentor and keeper of my home so that when the kids call, when I am called to serve others, when I'm asked to go someplace and when I can have a day with my hubby by myself or spend time with my kids. I am available!

In the end There is no place like home....

No comments: