Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Home Again and Gone Again

Well I have just spent the first 11 days of March away from home and now I repack and leave tomorrow for a girls weekend away with my mom and Hannah. We are attending a women's conference together in Kansas City. My prayer is that I will find refreshment in my life from the speakers and the fellowship we share.

Last week while Jon was in CA at The Shepherd's Conference I spent the week with two very dear friends in CO.

At my first friends home we talked non stop, shopped non stop and ate non stop! What sweet fellowship with a goldy woman I had. I am thankful for this friends love for me and for her mentorship in my life the last 13 years.

My second friend is a dear childhood friend. We have a wonderful time remembering our days of growing up together! It is always fun to be with her family on their quiet piece of heaven out on the prarie of eastern CO. We laughed and worked on a couple of projects while talking non stop.

I am so thankful for the godly heritage we share together. Growing up in the same church and sometimes being the only kids with our siblings in church at prayer meeting or Sunday evening service.

As we were driving home yesterday after Jon flew back into Denver, I just thanked the Lord for the privilege of having these goldy women friends in my life. Even though we don't live close by each other and we don't see each other but maybe once a year it is so special to just pick up where we left off and encourage, exhort, cry and share our lives with one another. For me it is like a little glimpse of what heaven will be like. Sweet fellowship!

My prayer for you is that you will look into your own life and see who the Lord may have put there for such a time as this. Remember friendship was God's idea!

Hope you have a wonderful week seeking Him!

Deb

No comments: