Sunday, May 3, 2009

For I know the plans I have for You.

Hi!

This past week has been a week of challenge for me. I am typically a person who will say yes to about almost anything as long as it is biblical. So you can probably guess that at times I take on too much. Our ladies guest night was Friday Night and I was in charge of the program and the decorating. Two things that I love to do and fall into my gifts. I sometimes have a hard time asking for help so I just thought it would be easier to just do it all myself. WRONG...

I overdid and now am reaping the consequences of not asking for help. It is my own fault. As I cried out to the Lord He once again answered me with putting a song in my head from long ago. "He's still working on me to make me all He wants me to be... In my heartI cried not again Lord! What is it going to take for me to listen. He once again answered me with scripture "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

In the stillness of my heart I knew the answer was clear. To stop relying on my own self to accomplish things but to rely on Him. By not asking for help I miss the opportunity for others to be blessed using their gifts. By not asking for help I get myself so worn out that I am no good for my family. By not asking for help I am not relying on the Lord's provision to provide the help needed.

The cry of my heart is to live in obedience to His plan for me. So that He will prosper me and not harm me so I can enjoy the hope He gives and the future He wants for me.

The last stanza of that song says "How lovely and patient He must be. He's still working on me."

I pray that you will also enjoy the hope and future that He wants for each of you as you live in obedience to His plan.

Blessings,

Deb

No comments: