Monday, July 20, 2009

The Passion of my Heart.

Hi! It has been several weeks since I have written. Our lives have been crazy and I am well on the road to exhaustion but the Lord keeps giving me the energy that is needed to keep on going from moment to moment.

Many of you know that Jon's mom fell on July 3rd and broke her hip. After a rocky start, she is doing well and is in our local hospital recovering. Pray that we would know what the next step is for her. Change is hard for anyone and especially when you are 83 years old.

Last week we drove to Nisland, SD for our VM Mini Conference. What a beautiful place to visit. What a great time of fellowship too. It was so encouraging to hear how the Lord is working in the different places where He has called each one of us to serve. One of the best parts of our whole trip was being together as a family, since this is the last time we will travel with Hannah and also with Steven before they head off to school. Good memories were made and Great fun was had!

I have been praying alot lately as I look towards what the Lord has for our future as empty nesters. I have to admit I have had oceans of tears come from time to time as I grieve this stage of motherhood as I know it coming to a close. Life will be different but I know that the Lord has a new and good thing planned for Jon and I.

Watching each of the young adults that the Lord has placed in our lives, as they grow in their spiritual walk is so thrilling for me. Each of them has sought out the Lord in their lives and their salvation expereinces and daily walks are so different from each other but we all have a bond that draws us together and His name is Jesus!

As I have prayed and pondered over what is next, the Lord keeps calling me back to the passion of my heart and that is mentoring believers in His word and in His ways. I had the opportunity to share with the VM wives that were at our conference on the subject of mentorship. As I shared my story of how I was mentored as a young girl, young woman, and wife and mother and how I have been mentoring others over the years, that small fire with in me was fanned into a growing flame. The next morning one of our mentors asked Jon and I if we might be open to mentor young couples interested in going into ministry. We said we would be interested and now we are praying about how that may all come about. Our hearts cry is just to be available to the Lord and His leading.

But for now I will focus on the next thing which is the Community VBS which is being hosted by our church this week and Hannah's graduation which is right around the corner on August 1st.
I have much to do and my energy levels are low but I am trusting the Lord to do His work in me. Anything I do on my own will be fruitless.

I will close with a verse that relates to the mentorship I have received in my life over the years.

Proverbs 19:20 Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in latter days.

I am so blessed to have the people who have poured out their lives into me over the years. I pray that I will be able to be like them as I share in the ministry of mentorship.

Praying you each have a goldy week.

Deb

No comments: