Friday, November 20, 2009

The Top Ten Things I am Thankful For!

I have been doing a lot of pondering this week. If I were asked what the top ten things I am thankful for, the list would read like this:

1. I am thankful for Jesus Christ who came to this world and took my sin upon the cross so that I can have a life eternal with him.

2. I am thankful for a faithful pastor who taught the Bible when I was a child
and who shared the gospel with me at Vacation Bible School in June of 1971,
the day I accepted Jesus to be my Savior.

3. I am thankful for parents who took me to church every time the church doors were open.

4. I am thankful the Lord gave me a godly man for my husband, Jon.
These past 20 years have been some of the best years of my life.

5. I am thankful for my beautiful daughter Hannah Faith who came our lives
in August of 1991 and is now attending Frontier School of the Bible.

6. After many years of prayer that our family would be enlarged,
I am thankful for how the Lord answered my prayer with the
editions of our adult kids: Esther Grace, Damaris Joy,
Steven Timothy and our newest edition by marriage
Dietrich Paul (Damaris's husband)

7. I am thankful to be called into full time ministry along side of my
pastor husband Jon, and to be a missionary serving with
Village Missions as We preach the Word and Love the people.

8. I am thankful for all of our faithful prayer and financial supporters
who are responsible for us being able to minister to others.
Their sacrifice is a blessed gift to us.

9. I am thankful for a church family who love one another
and are growing spiritually with each passing day.

10. I am thankful to still live in a country where I am free to worship
the King of Kings and Lord Lords.

As I enter this week of Thanksgiving with all its preparations and craziness,
I want to remember just how much I have to be thankful for.
The list could go on and on ...

As you gather around your Thanksgiving Meal this week,
take the time to remember all the Lord has done for you!

Blessings,

Deb


No comments: