Friday, March 19, 2010

Coming to a End

Hi!

Last night our ladies Bible Study on Esther came to an end. This study has been one of those life changing studies for me. I needed this study for such a time as this to refocus me on God's purpose for my life. This week as I prepared for this last study I found myself crying. First when I finished the book and secondly when I watch the last DVD. For one like me who doesn't cry easily I knew this had touched my heart and life changing way.

You see it really doesn't matter what we think our life should be. They only one who matters is Christ! He already before the world even existed had a plan drawn up for my life. It doesn't matter what men try to do, it only matters what God is doing. Christ holds my destiny.

I can come to Christ, obediently following his plan or I can try to run, kicking and screaming the other direction, but it the end He will have his way with me. Do I want his way with the blessings it brings or the consequences that my sin brings.

One thing that Beth Moore said really got me to thinking. In a world where we are focused on beauty and self and wanting to defy the process of aging to feel like we have accomplished anything in our lives, the Lord Jesus plan is just the opposite for those who love him. His plan is that we get more beautiful in His time. That inner beauty that can come only through Jesus Christ and what he did for us on that cross. When we enter into his presence these old worn out bodies will be exchange for a glorious body that will never have the affect of sin in it or on it. Can you imagine!! It is my goal to become more beautiful inside so that Jesus will shine on my outside.

The other statement that hit me so profoundly was "God is never more near when we don't see His imprint," So when I go through the trials of life which I don't understand, I can know that God is with me! He will bring me to an understanding of theses trails when I get to heaven, if he doesn't reveal them to me here on earth.

Recently I have been praying that the Lord would show me the whys of my life. It seems like that is all I have had to focus on is "Why Lord?" The Lord knew that this study would change my outlook on the Whys, to help me focus on Him and not my circumstances. Now I can say not why, but how do you want me to use this circumstance in my life to help me and others focus on Him.

So when life gets overwhelming and it will, when trail come and they will, when questions come and they will, let's focus on Jesus, who already has everything worked out for his good and ours.
I think this may be what Paul meant when he wrote he has learned to be content in all circumstances.

Blessings,

Deb

No comments: