Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Requests

Hi!

As I have been studying about prayer in my quiet time this past year, many times I have brought prayer requests before the Lord for all kinds of people who I have had involvement in their lives in one way or another. What a privilege for me to bring those requests before the Lord and pray for all kinds of people and circumstances.

As I thought about what to write in my blog this time, the Lord brought to my mind that maybe I should share some of the requests that Jon and I have in our lives at the present time.

So if you would like to bring us before the Lord in prayer we would deeply appreciate it.

1. We have been doing respite care for an 11 year old who started five fires in the matter of two months last fall and it ended with him setting fire to his families home. Because he is underage, it up to his parents to decide what kind of restitution he should do. His parents have chosen to send him to a 18 month Christian Boys ranch that will work with him not only on his behavior but on his heart spiritually also. I know how hard this decision has been for this family, but both Jon and I believe it is the right choice for "J". "J" was having a hard time getting along at home so after much prayer his parents asked if we would keep him until they leave to take him to the ranch. We said yes and are now in our second week with him living with us. Please pray for us as we teach and train and prepare "J" for his departure on March 20th and pray that "J's" heart will be open to what the Lord wants to do in him during his time away.

2. My Mom is having knee replacement surgery on March 17th. I will be traveling to KS to help in her care after she gets home from the hospital for a week. Please pray that I will have a loving heart for my mom as she copes with the pain and the therapy that comes along with knee replacement. Pray also as Jon is home alone and will have a lot on his plate as this is the week before our annual Palm Sunday Cantata that he directs. Pray for my mom's healing as she wants to be able to walk pain free by the end of May as my Dad is taking her to Ireland on a trip.

3. Pray for Hannah. She isn't going to be able to get home this semester because of her schedule. All of us have realized this is the longest period of time that we have ever been apart as a family and we are all missing one another. Jon and I will be traveling out to Frontier after our service on Easter Sunday so we can go to her choir concert on Monday night and then leave on Tuesday to do some business for Village Missions. Pray also that the Lord would show her where she is to be this summer. She has a good job in Scottsbluff, NE but she does desire to be home. We are asking for the Lord's provision in a job for her either here in Red Cloud or Hastings.

4. Pray for our board chairman Jack who is having surgery for his colon cancer on March 26th in Omaha. Because of the extensive surgery they are preforming he will be in the hospital for about two weeks. Pray for Jack and his family as they continue to go through this trail that is set before them.

5. Pray for Jon and I as we have been asked by VM leadership to teach at the upcoming candidate school in Dallas, OR, May 17-21, 2010. Pray as we prepare that we will seek what the Lord wants us to share while covering all the material that we have been assigned. Also pray as we are organizing the mini conference to be held at Rexford, KS in July. We have about 70 people attending this conference with adults and children. It should be a fun time for everyone!

As you can see our lives are very full even with our church responsibilities added to this list.
One thing for sure, life is never boring!

I would love to pray for you if you have something you would like to share with me.

Until the next time.

Blessings,

Deb

No comments: