Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hope for the future!



What a week I just lived through! Being a parent of a Sr in High School has its crazy times!!! This week was getting ready for the Home School Formal. We spent Thursday shopping and decorating for it and Friday getting dressed up and beautiful! Actually I loved every minute of it and am cherishing the moments in my heart! This picture was taken of Hannah on Friday night!

Pastor Jon and I had the privilege to help sponsor our local Home School High School Banquet on Friday night. It was a fun and amazing time with 60 plus teens who love the Lord.

Jon was asked to give a devotional challenge to the group and he did a fantastic job. The Sr's planned the night of a delicious meal and then a fun square dance! Last year when they said they were going to square dance the teens were moaning about it being boring but found out they had a great time. This year they were energized and loved every minute of it. The 80 year old caller was great with them! Even the three couples that sponsored the night got into it. But the most amazing thing was the kids. They were so respectful of us and each other. They thanked us over and over for all the work that had gone into planning the night and said they thought is was the best night ever! We had a special time of prayer at the end where we stood around in a circle and gave everyone a chance to pray. It was amazing to hear these young adults pray for each other and thank the Lord for the opportunities that their parents have given them throughout the years. What a great ending to an already great night!

As I have been thinking about it in my head over the weekend one word kept coming to my mind. HOPE. Hope that I have in these young people that as they leave their parents homes they will become beacons of God's light wherever they go. We hear so many negative things about young people today but after having four of them in our home these past four years I have come to appreciate their love for the Lord and for sharing the gospel to their friends, family, classmates, places of employment... It also excites me as we pass on the mantel to them in helping reach this ungodly, pagan world for Christ.

1 Timothy 4:12 says "Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

I can say I saw this verse in action on Friday night and it gives me Hope!

Blessings,

Deb

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a fun night! I hope you got lots of pictures!

Hannah has grown up to be a lovely lady.

Mommy Missionary said...

What a beautiful young lady! Yet from your descriptions she is just as beautiful on the inside - where it counts! So glad you had a great time.