Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Serve a Risen Savior!

Hi!

I pray that each of you today can say I serve a Risen Savior!

As I was getting ready early this morning for our Son rise Service I was thinking about how dark it was outside and how Mary and the women going to the tomb didn't have street lights or car headlights to direct them to the tomb. They probably had a small candle if anything that bore the light they needed to see their way there. They didn't have a car to drive but had to walk who knows how many miles out side the city to get to the grave. They didn't know He was risen so as they walked they were deeply grieving Christ's death. They went to do a small task of preparing his body with spices and perfumes so that the stench of death wouldn't over take the tomb.

When they arrived and found the tomb open and Jesus body missing their first thoughts were probably of shock that not only had their precious friend and king been put to death but now someone had stolen the body. As they ran back to tell the disciples they were going to deliver a message not of hope but of hopelessness. His body was missing! BUT as always our Lord had the better plan. As he spoke to Mary he called her by name. That is when she knew for sure that her friend Jesus was really who he claimed to be. Her faith came by seeing the risen Messiah.

How often do we wonder if Christ is really among us. When our trials come we sometimes are guilty of thinking "Where are you Lord?" We wonder if He really cares for us and if what His word says really is true for me in the trail I am facing. Mary believed because she saw.

Then their was Thomas who said he would only believe if He saw the nail scars in His feet and Hands. How many times do we put conditions on the Lord working in our lives. If He will do this, then I will do that or I will only believe when I see it! I know I have been guilty of this many times in my Christian walk.

I say I want to see Jesus work, but am I really looking for Him to work or is it just a bunch of words to be spiritual in my walk. In today's busy society that we live in. I wonder just how many times the Lord is working in my life and others and I just don't see Him because I am so busy raising a family, serving in a church ministry, living life as I want it. If I would just stop I would see just how he has been working and what He would like to do through me if only I would take the time to listen and obey! God's word tells me Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.


Today after all the family left and services were over. I just sat in peace contemplating just what His rising again means in my life. It means that I don't have to walk alone during the trials that I am encountering. Jesus is always by my side and He cares. It means that I can know that Christ has a plan for my life and that as I listen and obey He will directly show me His will.
But most of all it means that He took away my sin on that cross How do I know this? Because I have placed my faith (trust) in Christ and have accepted His free gift of salvation in my life. But more than that I have the blessed hope that He will come back for me. Either through death or rapture! Just like He was raised on Resurrection morning, He is going to raise me too!

With all that being said I have to constantly evaluate my life to see if I am watching for His return or will I be in shock like the women were on that day they discovered the tomb was empty.

I want my focus daily to be "Lord Come Quickly"

May you each have a blessed Resurrection Day and be watching for our Lord's return!


Deb

1 comment:

Mommy Missionary said...

Thanks! Appreciate your perspective as always!