Sunday, August 16, 2009

All Because Two people were led by God and fell in LOVE


Hi!


Twenty years ago last week Jon and I made a decision that would affect our future. We spoke our wedding vows to each other. We had to laugh as we watched our Wedding Service with Hannah the other night and she commented how 80's it was with the clothes and hairstyles. We told her it was the 80's and we just laughed!
Being married to Jon for the past twenty years has been a wild ride. I can look back and see how the Lord lead us together and how we have grown together since that day on August 12th twenty years ago! I'm glad I listened to the Lord when he confirmed in my heart that Jon was the one he wanted me to spend the rest of my life with. Yes we are as different from night to day most of the time, but Jesus is what helps us stay together and still in love.
Now 20 years later we are saying goodbye to the blessing of our marriage which is our daughter Hannah. On Thursday of this week we begin our journey to Wyoming where she will begin attending Frontier School of the Bible.


As hard as it will be for me to see her leave home. I am so excited for what the future holds for her. I never had the opportunity to attend a Bible College and I am so thankful that the Lord worked out his plan in her life for salvation and now for this next step of growth in her spiritual life.


Jon and I will begin another phase of our marriage without our kids in our home. Our home has been filled with laughter and busyness these past four years as we grew our family of three to five. Each of these dear young people have been labors of our hearts and what a privilege it is to
pray for them daily as the Lord continues to grow them up in Him.


In my devotions today I read the following out of "Talking with God" by Andrew Murry


Prayer: A State of the Heart.


Philippians 3:8 Everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.


Jesus, though He had all wisdom, only gave us a small number of moral teachings. This is because He knew the desires of our hearts is focused on this world. Nothing can set us right but turning the desire of our hearts to God. Therefore, He calls us to a total denial of ourselves and the life of this world. He calls us to a faith in Him as the One who gives new birth and new life. He teaches us every reason for renouncing ourselves and for loving our redemption as the greatest joy and desire of our heart.


We see that our will and our heart are everything. True religion is only the religion of the heart. We see that a spirit of longing after the life of this world made us the poor pilgrims on earth that we are. Only the spirit of prayer, or the longing desire of the heart after Christ and God and heaven, breaks our bondage and lifts us out of the miseries of time into the riches of eternity.


When the spirit of prayer is born in us, it is no longer confined to a certain hour but is the continual breathing of the heart after God. The spirit of prayer, as the state of the heart, becomes the governing principal of the souls' life.


Then at lunch we were reading from John MacArthur's Truth for Today and it said


Wisdom for Life Matthew 7:7-8


To possess God's wisdom is among the greatest needs we have. God's wisdom helps us to make prudent choices throughout our Christian lives-to choose God's way and reject the world's way in every situation. The Bible provides many commands for godly living, but it is not an exhaustive manual of methods and rules for every conceivable situation. That would not be very workable. And it would keep us from relying directly on God. He wants us to be in His Word daily so that we can know His principals for righteous living and can pray wisely for guidance when we have difficult decisions.


In Scripture the Lord gives believers enough truth to live responsibly, but enough mystery to draw them to Him in believing prayer. James 1:5 tells us "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."

This is the prayer of my heart that I might purse the Lord with urgency and that I would read His Word listening to Him speak to me so that I will have His wisdom and not my own. This is my prayer for my four kids and for you also.

So remember to read His Word and pray and ask him for His wisdom which he wants to give to each believer, liberally and without reproach! We just have to ask Him!

I would appreciate you praying for Jon and I as I know this is going to be a very emotional week. We look forward to the next chapter of our lives with anticipation!

Blessings,


Deb





No comments: