Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Endings and New Beginnings


August 1st has come and gone and we now have a high school graduate in our home. As I sat in the service I couldn't help but think about what
I was doing 18 years ago. I was waiting for Hannah to make her arrival in this world. Now in 17 days we she will depart from our home to attend Bible College.

Steven departs for the summer next Monday. It doesn't seem possible that he has served with us these past two years. He has one semester left at Moody and then will begin the application process with Village Missions.
As I look at all the changes coming up the Lord has been speaking to me about how I should respond. I am happy that my kids want to serve the Lord and that leaving is a natural response.
My greatest joy is to see them walking with the Lord. I look forward to see just what the Lord will do in each of their individual lives.
Change seems to be happening all around. This past week Jon received a call from Village Missions asking him to become an Assistant District Representative for four churches in our district. Jon accepted and we are humbled by how the Lord is leading. We are thankful that we can stay here in Red Cloud and pastor this dear church family the Lord has entrusted us with.
So as we prepare for this empty nest of ours. We are thankful for the years we have had with Hannah, the two summers we have had with Steven and the 10 months we had with both Esther and DeeDy. God was faithful to answer our hearts cry for a family. How He put it together is truly a miracle in itself.
May the Lord Bless you this week as you seek Him.
Blessings

1 comment:

Mommy Missionary said...

Big changes! Bittersweet to see them leave but ready to serve. Glad VM is using you guys and your wisdom to help others.