Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Year

Well the first thirteen days of 2010 have come and gone. This month is almost half way over and I still feel behind as I recover from our Christmas Holiday.
We had a wonderful time with two of our three girls being home for Christmas.

Hannah spent three weeks with us and it was so hard to see her drive off to LaGrange, WY last Saturday morning! I think the goodbyes are the hardest part of loving my adult children. Seeing them leave over and over really tears me up, but I know with each goodbye it means that our next Hello is just that much closer!

Esther spent two weeks with us and we had such a great visit. We all just picked up where we left off almost two years ago and quickly got into a routine. We ate wonderful Korean food and laughed over silly things. We made many new memories over the two weeks she was with us.

DeeDy and Dietrich called us on Christmas Day over Skype. We had a good time all six of us talking and laughing and yes also crying as they played the piano over the computer. I am so thankful for technology that keeps us linked together. It was fun to help them celebrate their first Christmas as a married couple!

We saw Steven in Chicago for his graduation in December. He is living in Chicago and working for Moody Food Service until he determines what the Lord's next step for him is.

A dear family member bought me the book "Praying for your Adult Children" by Stormie Omartian. I have been slowly soaking in each page as I am learning a whole new area of prayer. From time to time I will be sharing what I am learning through reading it.

The one thing that has been emphasized in the first chapter is that just because your children are adults doesn't mean that they need our prayers any less. In fact this is the time of life they need them even more. I have always prayed for my kids each morning but now I am being challenged to pray specifically and fervently for them. I look forward to see how the Lord works in each of their lives in the years to come as I lift them up before the Lord each morning.

On another note, Jon and I are rejoicing as Hannah made the Dean's List at Frontier School of the Bible. She really worked hard at studying and it really payed off. We are so thankful to see how the Lord is working in her life. I just watch from a distance as she matures and grows more in the Lord. What a blessings she is!

Well for now I will close, wishing each of you A Happy New Year in our Lord.

Deb

No comments: