Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spiritual Renewal

Hi!

Just this morning I said to Jon, "I will never ever pray for colder weather again, because the Lord has provided that just for me her in Red Cloud this winter." You see I love the colder weather especially since it kills all the outdoor allergies that I suffer from. I love the white glistening of snow, I love wearing layers upon layers of clothes to stay warm, I love drinking hot tea and curling up with a good book. This is usually my time of year, but this year has been different. I am longing for the sun to shine like it is today after almost a whole month of gray sky. I am longing for what spring brings with its newness! I am wanting a spiritual renewal to begin in me again.

This past weekend our church hosted an Attachment Adoption Seminar for families within our community who are struggling with kids that have never attached to anyone. I came away with a whole new awareness of what some of these dear friends go through every day of their lives.

God created us to be children that bond and attach to our mother, father, caregivers... Just like He created us to bond to Him as His children. So often because of circumstances this does not happen at birth like it should. A child is born with an illness or a parent has a illness or issue that causes them not to hold, rock, look into their babies eyes... all the things that are to come so naturally in parenting. It isn't per say any ones fault, but when attachment doesn't happen naturally then it is so hard to make it happen in a person's life.

Looking at this from a spiritual view point in relationship to attaching to a Savior has given me so much new insight into situations that have happened within my own life. Attaching to my Savior involves being with Him daily, hearing Him speak to me from His Word the Bible and in prayer,
looking into the eyes of a loving Savior and focusing just on Him and not all the things that distract me.

As I shared earlier the Lord has been using a situation within my own life to mold me to be more like Him. I have no answers, but I know He does. The Lord cares so much about me and about what is going on that He won't let me just brush it aside. He has decided it is time for me to deal with this situation with His help.

This past weekend, the teaching I received helped me so much. Sometimes we bond to others who have no idea how to bond to us. It has given me freedom from guilt that the enemy has showered upon me as I have continually blamed myself for what happened in this situation. And now I am feeling the freedom to love other people who may not respond and that comes only from Christ .

As I thought about what I said to Jon about the weather, I also know that I won't stop praying for this situation because God already has a plan and for His purposes He has allowed me to be involved.

My prayer for you this week is to open your heart to Christ and let Him direct each step that you take on this journey towards Heaven as a believer. I often have to remind myself that Heaven is still awaiting!

An old song chorus says it so well. O Rejoice in the Lord, He makes no mistakes, He knowest the end of each path that I take, but when I am tried and purified. I SHALL come forth as GOLD~

Blessings

No comments: