Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas is Almost Here!!!

Dear Loved Ones,

Christmas is almost here. I wonder some days how that could be as it was just December 1st on my calander, but in two days we will celebrate Christ's Birth!

I have to admit this has been one of the most relaxed and restful Christmas Seasons I have had in a long time. We decided to keep gifts to a minimum this year and instead enjoy the relationships and friendships of others. I have so enjoyed watching some of the Hallmark Christmas Movies as a family, Reading outloud the book the Christmas Hope as a family each evening. Our advent devotions have been such a good reminder to help keep us focused on who we celebrate. It will be our last Christmas season with Hannah at home and I can say I have enjoyed it the most!

Today we were in Hastings to do some visiting with a couple of shutins from our church. What a joy to hear Pastor Jon read the Christmas Story and remind us about why we celebrate! What a joy to spend time with my pastor hubby today, even with a lunch date at Runza. What a joy to go to WalMart, not with a big list or any gifts to buy there but just to pick up a few necessities before we headed home. WalMart was full of people still shopping for Christmas gifts but I wasn't and that brought me great JOY! It was one of the most relaxing trips I have made there in recent days. What a joy to drive home with it snowing, knowing we will have a White Christmas this year. Joy isn't that what Christmas is all about! Joy that Jesus came down from Heaven as man so that we could have a personal relationship with Him! Joy is Jesus, Others and You and that is my prayer for our family and for our friends this year. Joy to the World the Lord Has Come!!

May you have a blessed time with family and friends as you celebrate the Lord's Birth.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Linda said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and Jon, and Hannah. We pray the Lord will give you a wonderful day, and that 2009 will be special for you!

Blessings to all of you!