Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Reflections...

Dear Loved Ones,

We woke up this morning to the most beautiful snowfall I have ever seen. It was just gently coming down and not blowing around. As I sat by the window I was amazed at how peaceful it was. This was a day I didn't have to run here or there, I didn't have to teach a Bible Study or lead a discussion group. I didn't have to clean my house or worry about which group of people were coming over next. It was just a day of peacefulness for me. I am so thankful for this little bit of respite that I was so in need of and I am thankful that I was able to spend it with my family.

I just finished reading "Becoming a True Woman" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. As I was reflecting over all I had read the following came to my mind and I wanted to share it with each of you.

In her book she gives the following explanation: The dictionary defines tur as "consistent with fact or reality; exactly conforming to a rule, standard, or pattern...

The True believer is the real thing. They are a gunuine, authentic Masterpiece. The Master has set eternity in their heart and is conforming them to His own image. There is consistency in their outward behavior because it is dictated by the reality of their inner life. That reality is their redemption. The True believer is a relection of their redemption....By the transforming power of the Gospel, the believer is empowered by God's Spirit to give an increasingly true reflection of their Savior and thus to be a true believer.... This is the essence of a true believer. Regardless of time in history when they inhabit the earth, they are the ones who live in the prescence of glory. Their redeemed character is shaped and driven by God's Word and Spirit. Because they are the very dwelling place of the Lord God, their reflection of Him is manifested in every relationship and circumstance of life. The distinguishing characteristic of their life is His presence in them radiating out to all who see them. The true believers life is not segmented into sacred and secular. All of life is sacred because it is lived in His presence. The true believer is a true reflection of God's glory.

Oh to have this to be said of you and me who love our Lord and want to pursue Him with passion. As we celebrate the Lord's birth may we be a true reflection of God's glory!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: