Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Busy Week...

Hi!

Hope you all are having a great start to your week.

To be honest my week has started out stressful. Having a cold, having too much on my schedule, Not enough time to sit a Jesus feet like I want, Feeling overwhelmed, Disappointed and scared over circumstances… The list could go on but I will stop there.

As I was looking at my devotional book today this thought was given.

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials.

“Life need not be easy to be joyful. Joy is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of Christ.”

So as I conclude my day I am going back through all the trials and disappointments I mentioned above and I am finding joy in each of them. Joy that I did have time to read my Bible today while Jon was driving us to our VM Fellowship. Joy in knowing the Lord is in control over my life and not people. Joy in being able to be in the presence of fellow Village Missionaries who struggle just as I do. Joy in sitting in the presence of the Lord who understands my heart!

I pray you will find His joy in your journey this week.

Please be in prayer as my dad (Fred Fairchild) went to the Dr. last week and found out he is having a heart problem. He will have some medical tests done tomorrow (Tuesday AM) and then will see the Cardiologist later in the week. Pray that they will be able to determine what the problem is and give him the help he needs. I am realizing that my dad is aging and even though he thinks he is still in his 40’s, He isn’t and I am~~ It is his desire to be active and teach at Kansas State University as long as the Lord allows him.

I am praying for each of you as you follow the Lord as He leads you in your daily lives.

Blessings,

Deb

1 comment:

six chicks mom said...

I love checking in on these blogs and I share "some" of your concerns. I pray that your JOY is restored each and every day like the sun rising, and that you continue to know His Peace and Gentleness in the middle of all you have on your plate - I can't walk a mile in your shoes, but I can pray for your steps to be ordered, your life to be used, and your JOY to shine forth to all those around you! I love you!
Christi
(And Thanks for being in my life!!!)