Monday, November 24, 2008

Pruning...

Dear Ones,

As I have been reading through my Bible this year this thought has kept coming to the forefront.
"Look at how the Lord pruned His people" which in turn has caused me to look at how the Lord is pruning me! Pruning defined is growth! The character trait that our family has been working on this year is Faithfulness. Am I willing to be faithful even when being pruned is another question that I have asked myself this past year.

The self fungus of sin will never leave us alone while we are here on earth. It will constantly try to attach itself to me and I must be determined to fight it! Most often it is fueled by our arch enemy Satan. 1 Peter 5:8 tells us "Be sober minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowles around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

One of the books I have been reading is by Nancy Leigh Demoss's entitled "Becoming Gods True Woman." she states: When God prunes us, the result will be greater growth and sweeter fruit. When the Devil attacks us, his intention is destruction. It is important to know the difference. As believers we must understand that Satan can ask God's permission to prune us in some way, but the Devil has the power to do so only if God allows it. Isn't is wonderful to know Satan cannot do just anything he desires to us? I'm sure we would all be sick or dead if he had his way.

Pruning usually takes place when God uses siruation, people, and circumstances to hlep mature us in our Christian disposition, attitude and temperament.

Where are you being pruned in your life today? Are you filled with confusion, fear, and murmuring? Have you been asking, "Why me? Why not raise your branch high in the air, look into the face of your wise, Heavenly Father, and say, "Kind and gentle gardener, I'm willing...

That is where I am standing today. Asking my wise Heavenly Father "Kind and gentle gardener, I'm willing? I'm willing to be pruned, uncomfortable... for YOU!

I don't know where each of you are at in your spiritual life right now, but are you willing to stand along side of me as the Lord prunes us to be more like him?

It is my prayer that you are.
The Lord will use whatever it takes to get us to where He wants each of us to be in our Christian disposition, attitude and tempreament.

May you each have a Blessed Thanksgiving this week as you celebrate with your family and friends.

Blessings,

Deb

1 comment:

six chicks mom said...

Happy Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours!! Love, Christi