Monday, November 3, 2008





Hi Friends and Family,

I have finally decided to put together a blog for or ever growing family! We are excited to see how the Lord has been working in each of their lives! I hope to keep this updated on a weekly basis so you can check in and see how you can pray for our family. Please let us know how we can pray for you also.

Our Hannah is now 17 and is in her Senior Year of High School. Pray for her as she applies to the Bible Colleges she has chosen. Our Exchange daughters: Esther who is a freshman at the New York institute of Design and Technology in New York City. Pray for Esther as she once again makes many new changes in her life. Pray she will be a witness there in New York. Damaris who is a Sr in high school and is getting married to Dietrich in September of 2009. Pray for her as she has experience problems with her voice and desires to use her voice for Christ, and Steven our spiritual son is getting ready in January to begin his Sr. year at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. Steven will be coming again at the end of May as our pastoral intern with Village Missions. We are excited to see how the Lord will use him in the ministry here in Red Cloud. Please be in prayer for him as he balances his studies, work, ministries and relationships of family and friends.

Jon and I continue to serve the Lord faithfully with Village Missions in Red Cloud, NE. at the Congregational Bible Church. We are now in our 6th year with the dear people of this congregation. What a blessing it has been to see all of us grow together in Christ.

Our nest looks like it may be empty by next September but we are open to having other young people come into our family to love and disciple for however long the Lord gives them to us.

We also continue to care for Jon's mother Harriet. Pray for her health to be good this winter and for friendships to fill the emptyness she has after the loss of her beloved husband last Januray.

As you can see our lives are and adventure. I was reminded yesterday in my devotions that

"We were created for the purpose of giving Christ’s invisible character a glimpse of visibility."

Lord, many have run this difficult race faithfully. I want to be among them. Therefore, since I am surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, help me throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and help me run with perserverance the race marked out for me. Help me fix my eyes of You, Jesus the author and perfecter of my faith, who for the joy set before You endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1-2)

As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will You, my God, rejoice over me at Your appearing. (Isaiah 62:5)

We are in a battle for righteousness so lets all put on our armor and run this race to WIN. I want to hear the Lord say “Well done my faithful servant” not for me, but for Him.

Blessings to each of you today.



2 comments:

Linda said...

Welcome to the "Blogging" world! I think they are fun, and enjoy doing mine.

six chicks mom said...

This sounds like fun - I might have to try it myself one of these "almost cleaned garage" days that I'm having!! I love you all so much and I'm so thankful for your friendship, encouragement, your constant reminder of the Word,and the LAUGHTER! I consider you family in Christ and can't wait to spend eternity together!! Love always.........