Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Election Day is finally here and I went to vote this morning.

Our church also had its annual soup luncheon today and we had many people in our building. It was interesting to here the politics that people were talking about. So many people are fearful of what tomorrow will bring. Isn't it great to know if we know Christ as our Savior we don't have to worry about tomorrow.

In my devotional time this morning I read the following:

"Every time we suffer loss, we have an opportunity for the loss to bring gain for Jesus' sake by allowing His life to be revealed".

The scripture read:

I pray to You, O Lord, in the time of Your favor; in Your great love, O God, answer me with Your sure salvation.

Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters. Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me.

Anser me, O Lord, out of the goodness of Your love; in Your great mercy turn to me. Do not hide Your face from Your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in trouble (Psalms 69:13-17)

According to Your Word, in this world I will have trouble, but I am to take heart! You have overcome the world! (John 16:33)

So whatever the outcome of todays election. I know one thing for sure. God is still who He says He is and because I know Him as Savior I am safe in His arms no matter what situation I may find myself! Isn't it so great to know Who really is in control!

Just food for thought for today!

By the way... While I was working at the church today the lady from the exchange program came up to me and asked if we would be interested in the future taking more students. I told her I would pray about it and if the Lord led one to us, of course we would take him or her!

So... Our nest may never be empty!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

What a great post! I agree wholeheartedly that our Lord is in control, no matter who gets elected. We all think we know who that person should be, but God appoints the leaders of the people.

As for your 'empty nest', it sounds like it probably won't be!