Thursday, November 6, 2008

Changes

I find myself constantly thinking about changes these days. Maybe because I am preparing myself for Hannah leaving home next Summer, or maybe because there are so many things changing around me.

Changes in the seasons of life, changes in the weather, changes in our nation....

Isn't it great to know that the Lord never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

I have prayerfully considered the changes that this past election may bring to my life.

Will I be able to worship the Lord freely without goverment involvement? Will I be able to continue to share the gospel with the unsaved of this world without it being considered a hate crime? Will I be able to freely speak when led to and not tolerate the things of this world?

I think many may have been thinking these same thoughts. A question I have asked myself the past two days is:

Why Lord would you put a man into office who goes against every biblical principal I believe in?

The answer is simple. He is God and will bring about His plan using both the godly and ungodly.

In my devotions today the author shared this thought.

Any "NO" an earnestly seeking child of God receives from the Throne is for the sake of a greater "YES."

Father, help me to remember in my impatience that the end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride (Eccles. 7:8)

You led Your children, the Israelites, all the way in the desert for forty years, to humble them and to test them in order to know what was in their hearts, whether or not they would keep Your commandments (Duet. 8:2)

Help me to understand that sometimes You lead me on certain paths to humble me also, to see what is in my heart.

Purify my heart, Lord, so that I will be patient in the waiting times, and so that You will take joy in what you find.

Could this not be God's plan for the Christians under a more liberal goverment? As I have prayed and sought the Lord I feel the answer is yes. He is sifting those who say they believe in God like wheat to see who are really His and who have only been giving him lip service. I want to continue on in my journey with Him with joy no matter who the president may be. I also think the Lord is calling us to pray for President Elect Obama. The Lord can turn the heart of a king or person in authority. We as believers have to model Christ before this unsaved world like never before. We know that this world is full of troubles, but scripture tells us that our Lord has overcome this world. He ultimately will have his way and is in charge of all these things we tend to worry about.

So my friend. Go in peace today knowing the Lord is going to carry out his plan. We don't have to worry about changes in the future, we only need to be faithful!

No comments: